For pursuing pharmacy study, you need to have a 10+2 in science, it is mandatory! The pharmaceutical study includes industrial/hospital training, theory, and practical classes. A bachelor’s degree or B. Pharmacy is required for those who want to work in the pharmaceutical or health care industry. The course includes academic and practical training. Also, those who wish to open their own drug store can go ahead and get a diploma in pharmacy which is of 2 years and it is a must. The one who is pursuing a diploma in pharmacy can also get entry to the second year of bachelor’s in pharmacy. After pursuing a B. Pharma candidates can also further move on to achieve M. Pharma which is again for 2 years and is divided into various semesters.
Academic requirements are as follow:
- To be eligible for a Diploma course, the candidate needs to pass 10+2 in science
- For the candidate to be eligible for B.Pharm, one has to get a minimum of 50 percent marks in the qualifying exam.
- To pursue M.Pharm, the candidate has to secure a minimum score of 50 %. Pharm from any recognized university.
- The candidate also has to pass in plus two exams with a minimum of 50% in physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects along with mathematics or biology.
- The student should also have completed the D.Pharm course from a PCI-approved institution.
You can also further go on to opt for Doctor of Pharmacy which is a 6 years doctorate level course with 5 years of academic study with 1 year of internship. Once you are qualified to work as a full-time pharmacist then many good job opportunities are available for you. you can explore in the field as hospital pharmacists, clinical research associate, drug inspector, medical sales representative, and the list goes on and on. It totally depends upon which institute you pursue. Pharmacists have job flexibility as they can choose where they want to work such as retail stores, nursing homes, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies. You can also pursue your dream of studying pharmacy at GRD institute. It is the best institute in Dehradun. GRD institute is known for its excellence and diverse education system. It is the best engineering college in Dehradun. students from various corners of India come to study here and we train and groom them and make them industry-ready. We are the best college for pharmacy courses in Dehradun.
For more information get in touch with us!